There can be no more interesting a journey than the journey into the human body. With the Human Anatomy Course, Dr James Ross provides us with an excellent resource to start this journey. But before you start the journey, see if you know the answers to the next six questions.
Questions/Interesting facts (Please see the answers at the bottom of the post.)
- An international standard was adopted for the naming of anatomy structures and processes in Paris in 1955. Unlike so many other fields of study, the names of people were not used in the naming process. What is the only exception to this rule?
- The skeletal system can be studied from four different viewpoints. These are…
- In the human body, the endocrine system consists of a number of ductless glands producing specific hormones which are carried to their target organs by the bloodstream. Endocrine glands are glands of internal secretion as opposed to the external glands that are found with sweat and digestive glands. Given this explanation, what does the word endo and the word crine mean?
- Given that Anatomy is the study of the structure of the body, what is Physiology and Pathology?
- The human organism is known scientifically as Homo sapiens. What does this mean?
- Medical terms can be broken down into three word parts, namely a prefix, a stem or root word and a suffix. How many of these word parts are normally found in a medical term?
- Achilles tendon
- The four different viewpoints from which the skeletal system can be studied are the bone as tissue, the bone as an individual organ, as articulations (joints) and as the human skeleton as a whole.
- Endo = internal and Crine = secrete
- Physiology is the study of the functions of the body at cellular level. Pathology is the study of disease, which in turn can be defined as the derangement of the normal functioning of 1 or more body processes.
- Homo sapiens = Intelligent human being.
- Medical terms normally consist of two word parts. Firstly the stem or root provides the basic meaning of the word. Either a pre or suffix is then added to the stem, which modifies or augments the basic meaning of the word.
So, if you are looking for the essentials of anatomy and physiology, a human anatomy & physiology diagrams or drawings, or a complete pathology course check out Dr James Ross’s Human Anatomy Course online. It will take you on a journey of the human body in a simple and easy way.